- First Year Student Registration
- Academic Rules, Student Responsibilities & Services
- Course catalog
- Transfer credit database
- Transfer Credit Petition
- Change of Major
Academic Forms and Procedures
Petition Forms can be obtained on the link below:
Student Forms – Office of the Registrar – Syracuse University
Application for Readmission and Termination of Leave of Absence
Complete the Readmit Application prior to the application deadline:
- Fall Semester deadline: July 1
- Spring Semester deadline: December 1
- Email completed forms to Student Records Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intra University Transfer (IUT)
Students who wish to transfer to an Engineering and Computer Science major from another school or college must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants are required to complete at least one of MAT 295, 296, or 397 (with a grade of B- or better) and science (by completing at least one set of PHY 211/221 or CHE 106/107 with a grade of B- or better). Students who wish to major in Computer Science must also complete CIS 252) with a grade of at least a B.
- Complete an IUT form from the Student Records office, 130 Link Hall.
- Meet with Maria Marceau, Director of Student Records, with any questions regarding the IUT process
Syracuse University students register online using MySlice. Undergraduate students must meet with their advisor before they can register for classes.
Can I get credit for AP courses I have taken?
Credits that can be awarded for AP courses are explained on the Admissions credit transfer page. Since suitability of those courses to specific programs depends on academic major, students should contact their academic advisors or the Student Records Office, 130 Link Hall, for additional information.
Will a course I have taken at another institution qualify for transfer credit?
Consult the transfer credit database for courses already approved by the College for transfer.
How does advising work?
All Engineering and Computer Science students are assigned faculty or staff academic advisors. The advisor signs all academic forms (add/drops, petitions). Each semester, prior to registration, students meet with their advisors to discuss the upcoming semester and to prepare for registration. It is important to plan carefully for this meeting to be sure that you will be taking the appropriate courses. You should also feel free to meet regularly with your advisor during the term to discuss program plans for the next term as well as any problems or concerns you may have.
How can I appeal a course grade?
Any student who seeks to resolve a grievance of a course grade needs to follow the rules of the College of Engineering and Computer Science using the grade appeal process.