Students are placed on academic probation when their academic records fail to meet specific minimum criteria for progress toward degree completion.
- Term or cumulative GPA less than 2.0 and less than 2.0 Mathematics, Science and ECS course GPA (IST courses for SIS majors)
- Completion of less than 12 credits hours in one semester or 24 credits hours within any 12-month period
- Failure to complete at least 6 credits and/or term GPA less than 1.5, will result in immediate suspension
- Failure to complete calculus sequence by the end of the sophomore year (MAT 295, 296, & 397) (Does not apply to SIS majors)
- In addition to the above conditions, computer science students only: GPA of less than 2.667 in core courses
- Failure to maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree
- Failure to meet special conditions of previous semester