Prospective undergraduate students can use the Common Application to apply to Syracuse University. If you are a veteran or military-connected student, please use the Veterans and Military Students Application. Complete details about the application process are found on the Office of Admissions website.
Syracuse University’s Office of Admissions outlines what is required of a Syracuse University applicant. More specifically, the College of Engineering and Computer Science recommends:
- Four years of high school math, including precalculus or calculus
- Four years of high school science, including chemistry and physics
- At least one recommendation from a math, science, or engineering teacher or professor
- Transfer applicants must have a strong background in math and science, preferably precalculus or calculus, chemistry and/or calculus-based physics.
This section will be updated in early 2023 with information for admitted students. Please contact Jonathan Hoster, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Dates & Deadlines
- Early Decision application deadline is November 15
- Regular Decision application deadline is January 5
- Spring semester admission deadline is November 15
- Fall semester admission deadline is July 1
Tuition & Financial
Approximately 75 percent of Syracuse University students receive financial support, including assistance from institutional, federal, state, or private sources. Syracuse University offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid.
To be fully considered for need-based financial aid, students must complete a FAFSA form and the CSS PROFILE. The Office of Admissions provides current information regarding the cost of attendance.