Students have the opportunity to conduct research in a faculty lab during their undergraduate years. Those who are interested in participating in research should speak with their advisors to determine what opportunities are available.

Research for credit during the academic year

Students can conduct research with faculty members during the academic year and earn Independent Study credits to fulfill technical elective requirements in their major.

Sponsored research during the summer

Students have the opportunity to stay on campus during the summer and conduct research in faculty labs while earning a stipend, supported by corporate funding, research grants, NSF REU supplements, or departmental funding. These opportunities exist in all four engineering and computer science departments and typically require an application process.

NSF REU Sites in the College

Our College participates in the National Science Foundation’s Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program. We currently have one site for Interactive Biomaterials and are working to add more in the coming years.

Honors Capstone research projects

Students enrolled in the Renée Crown University Honors Program are required to complete a significant Capstone research project over the course of 3 semesters. Our students typically do this by working in a faculty lab within the College.

Volunteer or work-study research experience

Students who would like to conduct research during the academic year but do not have room in their schedules to do research for credit can either volunteer to work in a faculty lab or potentially do paid research if they are eligible for federal work-study benefits as part of their financial aid package.