- First and second year students meet regularly with their Success Advisor to establish a strong foundation for success during college. These meetings cover goal setting, creating a plan for achieving those goals, address potential barriers to success, and provide strategies and skill development for success.
- Students on academic probation meet with their Success Advisor as part of our Academic Recovery Initiative to identify barriers to academic success, strategies and resources for improving academic performance, and ongoing encouragement to stay on track
- All students are encouraged to stay connected with their Success Advisor for ongoing support and encouragement.
- The Success Advisors work closely with the ECS Living Learning Community in Shaw Hall.
Monitoring Progress through Orange Success
- Success Advisors monitor students’ progress through Orange Success and encourage students to meet with them if they have flags or other concerns in their courses
Success Strategy Workshops
- Collaboration with ECS 101 Faculty: Success Advisors collaborate with the faculty who teach ECS 101 to implement success outcomes during the first semester as part of the course
- Classroom Workshops: Faculty may request a Success Strategies workshop for their class. These workshops can be done either during a scheduled class time, or as an out-of-class assignment. Faculty who are interested in this opportunity should submit this request form as early as possible.
- Stand Alone success workshops are open to the College throughout the academic year
Social and Wellness Programming
- The Success Advising Program, with the assistance of the Student Success Peer Leaders, facilitate regular activities which promote community building in ECS. Examples of what has been done in the past include game nights, DIY craft nights, ice skating, and a trip to a Syracuse Crunch hockey game.
- Overall wellness is important to a students’ success in college. The Success Advisors coordinate weekly Wellness Wednesday programming, as well as De-Stress Fest each semester.
Collaboration with Campus Partners
- The Student Success Advisors work very closely with a variety of campus partners to facilitate a robust and holistic support network for students.
- These partners include (but are not limited to) the Dean of Students Office; the Barnes Center at the Arch which provides health, wellness and counseling services; the Center for Disability Resources; the Office of Student Living; and the various Cultural Centers on campus.