Associate Teaching Professor
Civil and Environmental Engineering
151E Link Hall
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Florida International University; Concentration: Structural Engineering, 2009
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Beijing University of Technology; Concentration: Structural Engineering, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Southeast University; Concentration: Structural Engineering, 1999
- Transportation resilience
- Sustainable construction materials
- Structural behavior under extreme loading conditions
- Improve transportation resilience by evaluation of structural performance of innovative construction materials, etc.
- Evaluation of structural performance of sustainable construction materials
- Design, construction and maintenance of structures under extreme loading and special construction conditions; for example, earthquake, wind, impact, and accelerated construction, etc.
- Solid Mechanics and Materials
- Civil and Structural Engineering Design
- Capstone Design
- Bridge Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Fellow, ASCE
Shi, Y. (2021). “Structural Design and Construction of Linked Towers.” 2021 Architectural Engineering Institute Virtual Conference, Denver, CO, April 2021.
Shi, Y. (2019). “A Statistical Summary of Accelerated Bridge Construction Practice in Federal and State Transportation Agencies.” 2019 International Accelerated Bridge Construction Conference, Miami, FL, December 2019.
Hathaway, F., Heath, G., Shi, Y. (2019). “Application of Accelerated Bridge Construction of a Steel Arch Pedestrian Bridge: A Capstone Project Perspective.” 2019 International Accelerated Bridge Construction Conference, Miami, FL, December 2019.
Shi, H., Salim, H., Shi, Y., Wei, F. (2015). “Geometric and Material Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis of Space Truss Structures.” Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines: An International Journal, Taylor & Francis, 43(1), 38–56.
Shi, Y., Zohrevand, P., Mirmiran, A. (2013). “Assessment of Cyclic Behavior of Hybrid FRP-Concrete Columns.” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 18(6), 553–563.
Shi, Y., Li, B., Mirmiran, A. (2011). “Combined Shear and Flexural Behavior of Hybrid FRP-Concrete Beams Previously Subjected to Cyclic Loading.” Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, 15(5), 841–849.