Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
279 Link Hall
- Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Mechanics of composite materials and structures
- Durability and damage tolerance of composite structures
- Multifunctional composite materials
- Advanced manufacturing of composite materials
- Multiphysics modeling
Dr. Wang’s research goal is to understand the fundamental material behaviors and failure mechanisms of composite materials and structures under various loading conditions through mathematical modeling and experimental investigations, and then use the insights acquired to guide the design and development of novel multifunctional composite materials and structures (e.g., nanostructured, bioinspired) for improved durability and damage tolerance, as well as to guide the development and optimization of advanced manufacturing methods of composite structures.
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 2020
- Graduate & Professional Student Government Travel Award, University of Iowa, 2016
- Second Place Award, IWEA (Iowa Wind Energy Association) Conference Research Poster Competition, 2014
- First Place Award, Paper Competition at the 15th Annual James F. Jakobsen Graduate Conference, University of Iowa, 2013
- First Place Award, Iowa EPSCoR Annual All-Hands Meeting Poster Competition, 2013
- Best Paper Award, 27th American Society for Composites (ASC) Technical Conference, 2012
Yeqing Wang, Timothy K. Risch, Joseph H. Koo. Assessment of A One-dimensional Finite Element Charring Ablation Material Response Model for Phenolic-impregnated Carbon Ablator, Aerospace Science and Technology, 91:301-309, 2019.
Yeqing Wang, Getachew K. Befekadu, Hongtao Ding, David W. Hahn. Uncertainty Quantification for Modeling Pulsed Laser Ablation of Aluminum Considering Uncertainty in the Temperature-dependent Absorption Coefficients, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 120:515-522, 2018.
Yeqing Wang, Crystal L. Pasiliao. Modeling Ablation of Laminated Composites: A Novel Manual Mesh Moving Finite Element Analysis Procedure with ABAQUS, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 116:306-313, 2018.
Yeqing Wang, Olesya I. Zhupanska. Modeling of Thermal Response and Ablation in Laminated Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites Due to Lightning Strike, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 53:118-131, 2018.
Yeqing Wang. Multiphysics Analysis of Lightning Strike Damage in Laminated Carbon/Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composite Materials: A Review of Problem Formulation and Computational Modeling, Composites Part A, 101:543-553, 2017.
Yeqing Wang, Ninggang Shen, Getachew K. Befekadu, Crystal L. Pasiliao. Modeling Pulsed Laser Ablation of Aluminum with Finite Element Analysis Considering Material Moving Front, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 113:1246-1253, 2017.
Yeqing Wang, Olesya I. Zhupanska. Lightning Strike Thermal Damage Model for Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites and its Application to Wind Turbine Blades, Composite Structures, 132:1182-1191, 2015.