Associate Teaching Professor
Dean’s Faculty Fellow for Academic Affairs
359 Link Hall
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, USA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Automation, Hefei University of Technology, China
Areas of Expertise:
- Point of care diagnosis
- Wearable biosensor
Xiyuan specializes in microfluidics, point-of-care diagnosis and flexible wearable biosensor development. Specifically, her work focuses on developing biosensing, lab-on-a-chip systems for the emerging applications in clinical diagnosis, wearable sensing and mobile heath (mHeath) technology.
- Council of Graduate Student (COGS) Conference Reward, 2017
- MSUFCU Award of Research Translation in Engineering Graduate Research Symposium, 2016
- Recognition for Outstanding Research in Engineering Graduate Research Symposium, 2016
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering Award – Most Downloaded Article, 2015
- A. Kowalczewski, C.M. Sakolish, P. Hoang, X. Liu, S. Jacquir, I. Rusyn, Z, Ma. Integration of nonlinear analysis and machine learning for human iPSC-based drug cardiotoxicity testing. (2022) Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 16(8): 732-743.
- X. Liu. Introducing Data Analytics into Mechanical Engineering Curriculum. Proceedings of American Society for Engineering Education 2022 Annual Conference and Exposition, Minneapolis, MN, 2022.
- X. Liu. Implementation of interactive technology tools to improve students’ active learning and engagement in MATLAB programming. Extended Abstract of ASEE conference St. Lawrence section Annual Conference, Syracuse, NY, 2022
- X. Liu and P.B. Lillehoj. Embroidered electrochemical sensors on gauze for rapid quantification of wound biomarkers. (2017) Biosensor and Bioelectronics, 98: 189-194.
- X. Liu and P.B. Lillehoj. Embroidered electrochemical sensor for biomolecular detection. (2016) Lab on a Chip, 16:2093-98