Assistant Teaching Professor
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
359 Link Hall
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, USA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Automation, Hefei University of Technology, China
- Point of care diagnosis
- Wearable biosensor
Xiyuan specializes in microfluidics, point-of-care diagnosis and flexible wearable biosensor development. Specifically, her work focuses on developing biosensing, lab-on-a-chip systems for the emerging applications in clinical diagnosis, wearable sensing and mobile heath (mHeath) technology.
- Microfluidics: fundamentals and applications
- Council of Graduate Student (COGS) Conference Reward, 2017
- MSUFCU Award of Research Translation in Engineering Graduate Research Symposium, 2016
- Recognition for Outstanding Research in Engineering Graduate Research Symposium, 2016
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering Award – Most Downloaded Article, 2015
- X. Liu and P.B. Lillehoj. Embroidered electrochemical sensors on gauze for rapid quantification of wound biomarkers. (2017) Biosensor and Bioelectronics, 98: 189-194.
- X. Liu and P.B. Lillehoj. Embroidered electrochemical sensor for biomolecular detection. (2016) Lab on a Chip, 16:2093-98
- X. Liu and P.B. Lillehoj. Electrochemical detection in stacked paper networks. (2015) Journal of Laboratory Automation, 20(4): 506-10.
- X. Liu, T.Y. Lin and P.B. Lillehoj. Smartphones for cell and biomolecular detection. (2014) Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 42(11): 2205-17. Most Downloaded Article in 2014-2015