303H Bowne Hall
Ph.D. Bioengineering (Penn State University)
- Tissue engineering
- Synthesize and characterize hydrogel bioinks with unique properties (for example, conductive hydrogels)
- Develop theromoplastic spools for commercial 3D printers
- Design and develop additive manufacturing printing optics-based platforms
- BEN 485 Bioengineering Laboratory (Fall 2013)
- BEN 487 Bioengineering Capstone Design course. (Spring 2014)
- BEN 364 Quantitative Physiology (Spring 2015)
- BEN Bio-manufacturing (Fall 2014-15)
- 2015 – Faculty Excellence Award – Syracuse University
- 2010 – Dean’s award for academic excellence
- Chair (2015-17), Vice-Chair (2013-15) and Treasurer (2011-13) for Society for Biomaterials, Special Interest Group (Proteins and Cells at Interfaces)
Chen, S. Yang, J. Yan, M-h Hsieh, L. Weng, J.L. Ouderkirk, M. Krendel and P. Soman, “A Novel Suspended Hydrogel Membrane (ShyM) platform for cell culture”, J. Nanotechnol, Eng. Med, 2015; doi: 10.1115/1.4031467.
Wu, Y.X. Chen, J. Yan, S. Yang, P. Dong, and P. Soman. “Fabrication of conductive polyaniline hydrogel using porogen leaching and projection microstereolithography.”Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2015, 3(26), 5352-5360.
Ogden, C. Aslan, N. Ordway, D. Diallo, G. Tillapaugh-Fay, and P. Soman. “Factors Affecting Dimensional Accuracy of 3-D Printed Anatomical Structures Derived from CT Data.”Journal of digital imaging (2015): 1-10.
Hribar, P. Soman, J. Warner, P. Chung, and S.C. Chen, “Light-based Direct-write of 3D Functional Biomaterials”,Lab on a Chip, 2014, 14 (2), 268 – 275.
Cha, P. Soman, W. Zhu, M. Nikkhah, G. Camci-Unal, S.C. Chen, A. Khademhosseini, “Structural Reinforcement of Cell-Laden Hydrogels with Microfabricated Three Dimensional Scaffolds”,Biomaterials Science, 2013, 2(5), 703-709.
Soman, P.H. Chung, A. Zhang, S.C. Chen, “Digital Microfabrication of user-defined 3D microstructures in cell-laden hydrogels”, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2013, 111(11), 3038-47.
P.Grogan, P.H.Chung, P. Soman, P.Chen, M.K.Lotz, S.C. Chen, D. D’lima, “Digital-micromirror-device projection printing system for meniscus tissue engineering”, Acta Biomaterialia, 2013, 9(7): 7218-26.