Ph. D., Physics, Texas A&M University
Masters of Science (5-Year Integrated), Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK)
Areas of Expertise:
- Quantum information science
- Quantum sensing and metrology
- Quantum nano- and meta-photonics
- Bio-inspired materials
- Bio-nano interfaces
- Machine learning
Jha’s research focuses on developing quantum hardware using two-dimensional materials and heterostructures, III-V semiconductors, nanostructures, soft-materials, metamaterials, and hybrid combination of these materials. His research seeks to understand fundamental characteristics of these systems through combined experimental, theoretical, and computational studies and use those findings to gain control and induce novel optical, electrical, thermal, and mechanical responses in them. These responses, in turn, are leveraged to develop transformative devices and technologies for quantum information science, quantum sensing and metrology, nanophotonics, optoelectronics, and space exploration applications. Thus, his interdisciplinary research crosses the conventional scientific boundaries to merge applied physics with electrical engineering, materials science, and mechanical engineering.
Honors and Awards:
- Tingye Li Innovation Prize for Early Career Professionals (Finalist): 2016.
- American Physical Society, Travel Grant: 2011.
- Herman F. Heep and Minnie Belle Heep Foundation Graduate Fellowship: 2010.
- Robert A. Welch Foundation Graduate Fellowship: 2009-2012.
- P. K. Jha*, H. Akbari*, Y. Kim*, S. Biswas, and H. A. Atwater, “Nanoscale axial position and orientation measurement of hexagonal boron nitride quantum emitters using a tunable nanophotonic environment,” Nanotechnology 33, 015001 (2022).
- L. Kim*, S. Kim*, P. K. Jha, V. W. Brar, and H. A. Atwater, “Mid-Infrared radiative emission from bright hot plasmons in graphene,” Nat. Mater. 20, 805 (2021).
- H. Ramezani, P. K. Jha, Y. Wang, and X. Zhang, “Nonreciprocal Localization of Photons,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 043901(2018).
- P. K. Jha, M. Mrejen, J. Kim, C. Wu, Y. Wang, Y. V. Rostovtsev, and X. Zhang, “Coherence-Driven Topological Transition in Quantum Metamaterials,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 165502 (2016).
- P. K. Jha*, X. Ni*, C. Wu, Y. Wang, and X. Zhang, “Metasurface-Enabled Remote Quantum Interference,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 025501 (2015).
- K. E. Dorfman, P. K. Jha, D. V. Voronine, P. Genevet, F. Capasso, and M. O. Scully, “Quantum-Coherence- Enhanced Surface Plasmon Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 043601 (2013).