Associate Teaching Professor
Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program Director
341 Link Hall
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology (formerly University of Missouri-Rolla)
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Thesis Advisor: Nicholas L. Abbott, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Post-doctoral Research Associate in STEM Education and Outreach, Interdisciplinary Education Group, Materials Research Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Chemistry Instructor, General Chemistry Coordinator, and Engineering Transfer Program Director, Madison Area Technical College
Lab/ Center/ Institute affiliation:
Areas of Expertise:
- Chemical Engineering Education
- Faculty and Student Professional Development
- Best Practices in Engineering Education
Honors and Awards:
- AIChE Student Chapter Advisor Honor Roll, 2015-2021
- 2015 Teaching Recognition Award from the Syracuse University Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professorship Program
- 2015 Syracuse University Chancellor’s Awards for Public Engagement and Scholarship: Inspiration Award
- 2014 Syracuse University College of Engineering and Computer Science Dean’s Award for Excellence in Engineering Education
- 2014 Technology Alliance of Central New York (TACNY) College Technology Educator of the Year
- Blum, M.M., Cadwell, K.D., Hasenwinkel, J.M., “A Model for a Faculty Development Course Redesign Summer Working Group.” Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2020 Virtual Annual Conference and Exposition, 2020.
- Cadwell, K.D., Blum M. M., Hasenwinkel, J.M., Stokes-Cawley, C. “A Gateway Course Redesign Working Group.” Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2018 Annual Conference and Exposition, Salt Lake City, UT, 2018.
- Stokes-Cawley, C. and Cadwell, K.D. “Project ENGAGE: A Summer Immersion Experience in Engineering for Middle School Girls.” Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education St. Lawrence Section Regional Conference, Syracuse, NY, 2015. Reprinted in Transactions on Techniques in STEM Education, 2016, 1(2): 20-29.
- Blum, M.M, Cadwell, K.D., Hasenwinkel, J.M. “A mechanics of materials outreach activity: Reconstructing the human body – biomaterials and biomimicry.” Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2015 Annual Conference and Exposition, Seattle, WA, 2015.
- Walz, K.A., Britton, S., Crain, J., Cadwell, K., Hoffman, A., Morschauser, P. “Biodiesel synthesis, viscosity, and quality control for an introductory chemistry lab.” The Chemical Educator, 2014, 19: 342-346.
- Hoffman, A., Britton, S., Cadwell, K.D., Walz, K.A. “An integrated approach to introducing biofuels, flash point, and vapor pressure concepts into an introductory college chemistry lab.” Journal of Chemical Education, 2011, 88(2): 197-200.