Bianca Andrada is the 2022 Recipient of the Bioengineering Founders Award.
New York City
BMCE/ECS/other activities you have been involved with:
- Dr. Pranav Soman Research Lab
- President of Engineering World Health
- President of Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- 3+ Resident Advisor for Engineering and Computer Science Living Learning Community
- Honorable Mention Recipient for Invent@SU
- TA for Invent@SU Summer 2022
- Engineering Excelerators
- Tau Beta Pi – The Engineering Honor Society
- Mentor Biomedical Engineering Society
- Food Recovery Network
- Guest Services – Barnes Center at the Arch Recreation
Favorite thing about BMCE:
My favorite thing about BMCE are the faculty and staff. They have all been supportive of my interests, passions, and they ensured that my studies revolve around them. For instance, I expressed my curiosity in CAD Design to Dr. Yung. He was able to connect me with the Industrial and Interaction Design School so I can bridge together my interest in design and engineering.
Favorite thing about Syracuse University:
On the engineering side, I had the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of projects that provided opportunities to prove to individuals my depth, understanding, and skillset in biomedical engineering. On the social side, I love going to the Basketball Games with my friends.
Plan after graduation:
After graduation, I will be obtaining a Master of Science in Robotics and Autonomous System at Boston University. My focus will be in medical and soft robotics.