Natalie Petryk ’21 is the recipient of the 2021 Karen M. Hiiemae Outstanding Achievement Award in Bioengineering.
- Hometown: Berkeley Heights, NJ
- BEN/ECS/other activities you have been involved with: Alpha Omega Epsilon, Academic Excellence Workshop Facilitator, Engineering World Health, Excelerators, Relay for Life
- Favorite thing about BEN: The many opportunities to get involved in research and take on independent projects outside of the classroom
- Favorite thing about SU: All the friends and memories I’ve made while here
- Plan after graduation: I will be here at SU one more year to complete my master’s thesis in Dr. Monroe’s Biomaterials Lab
This award was established in memory of Dr. Karen M. Hiiemae, beloved professor, mentor, and pioneer in science and research, for a senior who has combined outstanding academic achievement in bioengineering with the strength and spirit Dr. Hiiemae exhibited throughout her life.