Gain technical expertise from cybersecurity leaders and practitioners through hands-on experiences.
For information on our online program, click here.
Students are required to complete 30 credit hours of courses, consisting of 15 credits of core, 9 credits of technical cybersecurity electives, and 6 credits in CIS/CSE courses at 600 level or higher.
Nontechnical cybersecurity electives:(Drawn from course offerings from units across SU including College of Law, the iSchool, and Maxwell)
Based on exit surveys from 2017, 2018 and 2019 Syracuse University Computer Science and Cybersecurity M.S. graduates.
- Companies that hire our graduates: 2U, ADP, Air Force Research Lab, Amazon, American Express, BAE Systems, Bank of America, Blackhawk Networks, BlackRock, Boeing, Cerner Corporation, Comcast,Ernst & Young, eBay Inc, Ford, EPE Innovations, Ernst & Young, Ford, Goldman Sachs, Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C., High 5 Games, Houzz, IBM, IMVU, INFICON, Intercontinental Exchange, Investing Channel, Jeppesen, Lowenstein Sandler, LLC, McKinsey & Company, NCC Group, NSI-MI, Parsons Corporation, Petuum, Playmaker Health, PwC, Rockwell Collins, Samsung, Securonix, SRC Inc, Symantec, Syrasoft, Telenav Inc, ViaSat Inc., Walmart Labs, WXYZ, Yahoo, Yelp, Zify
- In Summer 2018, students interned at: AIP Publishing, Airlines Reporting Corporation, Alibaba, Amazon, AmorePacific USA, Autodesk, Barclays, Boeing, Cisco, Ctrip, Dassault Systemes, Dynagarde LLC, Elutions, Emptor, face ++, FedEx Services, FINRA, Gadget Software, Google, GreenView EMS, Hithink, JD group, JingDong, Kirkwork, LogMeIn, Marketers Anonymous, MatrixCare, MediTechSafe, MicroStrategy, Mitel Networks, Morgan Stanley, Nalu Medical, NetEase Games, Novumind, OpenSlate, PayPal, Quanterion, Quantifly, Run Technology Group Ltd, Salt Labs, Siemens Healthineers, Slalom, Sodexo, Stanley Black & Decker, Sumeru Inc, TempoQuest, The Marketing Cartel, TIAA, Tracelink, Traceroll, UC San Diego Health, Unimar, Upstate Medical University, VMware
- Job location: 98% in the US, 2% outside of the US
- Job location within the US: 20% San Francisco Bay Area, 18% Metropolitan New York City, 8% Syracuse/Central New York, 5% Metropolitan Baltimore/Washington, DC, 5% Texas (Austin/Dallas/Houston), 5% Washington (Seattle), 3% Metropolitan Los Angeles, 33% Other
- Job titles: Senior Programmer, Advisory Programmer & Data Analyst, Computer Scientist, Data scientist, Digital Analyst, Entrepreneurial Software Engineer, Full-Stack Software Engineer, Quality Systems Analyst, Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Dev Eng, Software Engineer Autonomous Cars, Software Engineer-Android, Systems Engineer, Technology Consultant
- Base salary range: $60,000 – $120,000 or more
- Median base salary range: $105,000 – $114,000