For info on our online program, visit engineeringonline.syr.edu.
Computer Engineering’s popularity and relevance have grown tremendously with the recent proliferation of digital computers in our daily lives.
The Master of Science in Computer Engineering (MSCE) program in the Department of EECS has three areas of primary focus:
- Hardware Systems: including the design and test of VLSI systems, performance, and analysis of complex hardware systems, design methodology based on formal methods and CAD tools.
- Software Systems: including the development of large software systems, analysis of the performance of programs, the design of reusable software.
- Assured Systems: including computer and network security, formal methods, and verification. More details about these focus areas are given at the end of this section.
The MSCE program requires a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate work beyond the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. Normally, these 30 credit hours are achieved by students taking ten graduate courses.
Based on exit surveys from 2017, 2018 and 2019 Syracuse University Computer and Electrical Engineering M.S. graduates.
- Companies that hire our graduates:2K, Alibaba Inc., Amazon, Amobee, ANSYS Inc, Bank of America, BlueData, ByteDance, Cadence Design Systems, Cerner Corporation, Charles Schwab & Co., Deloitte, Echostar, Ernst & Young, FedEx Services, GCom Software, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Horison Information Strategies, Hulu, IBM, IMSG, Intel, Ipsumm Inc., Legrand, LinkedIn Corporation, Little Maxima, Lockheed Martin, NetEase Games, Netskope, Northrop Grumman, Nvidia, OmniVision Technologies, Paypal, Pefin, Qualcomm Inc., Realtor, Riskval Financial Solutions, Samsung, Servus Credit Union, Sigfig, Solaborate, SK Hynix Memory Solutions, SparkCharge, SRC Inc, State Grid Corporation of China, Tableau, Touchpal, Turkish Petroleum Co., US Renal Care, Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd., Vmware, Xignite, Inc, Xilinx, Yahoo
- In Summer 2018, students interned at: Acceleration Capital Group, Agmodels, Anaren, App Annie, ByteDance, Cadence, China Telecom Americas, Complete Genomics, Eaton Crouse-Hinds Business, Falls Lake Insurance Companies, Financial Engines, GE, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, ICM Controls, Jexet Technologies, MathWorks, MatrixCare, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Omnivision Technologies, Precision Vision, Refrigerated Transport Electronics (RTE), SRC Inc., SunEx Solar, Synopsys, Tencent, TruWeather Solutions, Unimar Inc., Zeenyx
- Job location: 88% in the US, 12% outside of US
- Job location within US: 34% San Francisco Bay Area, 10% Metropolitan New York City, 8% Syracuse/Central New York, 3% Metropolitan Los Angeles, 3% Washington (Seattle), 3% Metropolitan Baltimore/Washington, DC, 2% Texas (Austin/Dallas/Houston), 32% Other
- Job titles: Net Developer, Associate Software Engineer, Electrical Product Engineer, Embedded Systems Software Engineer, Founder, iOS Developer, Java Developer, Jr. Software Engineer, MTS-2 Software Engineer, Principal Engineer, Program Engineer/ Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Research Engineer, RF Engineer, Systems Design Engineer, Senior Engineer, Senior Product and Applications Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, System operator, Technology Analyst, Test Engineer
- Base salary range: less than $45,000 – $120,000 or more
- Median base salary range: $75,000 – 84,999