The Master of Science in Engineering Management (MS EM) is a 30 credit-hour program (10 courses), plus a zero-credit exit paper. At least 18 credit-hours (6 courses) must be taken at the 600-level or higher. To remain in good academic standing, a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 must be maintained. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved to graduate. Full-time standing requires a minimum of 9-credit hours be taken and passed in the fall and spring semesters. All other requirements of the graduate school also apply to this program.
View program details in the University Course Catalog
Based on exit surveys from 2017, 2018 and 2019 Syracuse University Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Management M.S. graduates.
- Companies that hire our graduates: Altec Northeast LLC, Aqua Products, Association of Chinese Americans, Bechtel, Beijing Benz Automotive Co. Ltd, Bekaert Corporation, Brookville Equipment Corporation, Carrier Corp, Corning Inc., Cryomech, Cummins Inc., Daikin, Delos, Duro UAS, Exelon Corp, Faurecia Clean Mobility, Fulton Companies, General Atomics, Gfi Informatique, HealthWay Inc., Intertek, Lockheed Martin, MD Anderson Cancer Center, MSC Software, Munich RE, NASA, National Aerospace Solutions, Paslin, Pratt and Whitney, Sevo Systems, SRC Inc, Syracuse University, United Imaging Healthcare Technology Co., Ltd., VLF Automotive, WTB, Xylem Inc., ZYNP Group
- In Summer 2018, students interned at: AGRANA, Aspen Dental, AU Optronics Corporation, AVIC, Baker Hughes GE, Brainscale, Carrier, CIMC vehicle, Corning, Eaton Crouse-Hinds, First Solar, FS Engineering, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, GNY Equipment, Hisense Intelligent Commercial System, ISlide, Molecular Devices, Parabole, Precision Vision, PWC, Robert Bosch, Safran Aerosystems, SU Center or Excellence, Sunrise Global Marine, The Aerospace Corporation, VOLVO Group, ZF
- Job location: 85% in the US, 15% outside of the US
- Job location within the US: 29% Syracuse/Central New York, 12% Metropolitan New York City, 3% Metropolitan Boston, 3% Metropolitan Los Angeles, 3% San Francisco Bay Area, 3% Texas (Austin/Dallas/Houston), 47% Other
- Job titles: Aero/Mechanical Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Building Environment Research Intern, Compliance Engineer, Composite Engineer, Consultant, Consulting Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Coordinator, Engineering Intern, Flight Controller, Incoming systems engineer, Information Management Reporting Analyst, Logistics Manager Assistant, Mechanical Design Engineer: Structural, Mechanical Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Modeling & Simulation Engineer, Project Manager, Postdoc Research Assistant, Process Engineer, Process Improvement Specialist, Product Design Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Product Engineer, Project Coordinator, Project Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, Research Assistant Radiation Physics, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Series Q Release Engineer, Sourcing Analyst, Tooling Coordinator, Variable Refrigerant Volume Application Engineer, Vehicle Shock and Vibration Engineer
- Base salary range: less than $45,000 – $94,999
- Median base salary range: $55,000 – $64,999