- Ph.D., Computer Science, New Mexico State University & University of Udine
Areas of Expertise:
- Machine Learning
- Differential Privacy
- Algorithmic Fairness
- Power Systems
I work on Artificial Intelligence, Privacy, and Machine Learning (ML). My research group and I focus on two main directions: (1) We study the ethical and trustworthy aspects of ML systems, especially (differential) privacy, fairness, robustness, and their interaction, and (2) we are interested in the integration of operations research and learning to build novel neural optimization algorithms to solve complex decision problems.
Selected Honors & Awards
- Caspar Bowden PET Award for Outstanding Research in Privacy Enhancing Technologies, (2022).
- Early Career Spotlight (for research on ML and Optimization). At IJCAI 2022.
- Google Research Scholar Award (for research on Privacy), (2022).
- NSF CAREER Award, (2022)
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Transaction of Power System, (2022).
- Early Career Researcher Award (for research on the integration of ML and Optimization). By the Association for Constraint Programming, (2021).
- Mario Gerla Young Investigator Award for Research in Computer Science, ISSNAF, (2021).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, At NeurIPS 2021.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Transaction of Power System, (2021)
- Differentially Private Temporal Map Challenge Award, NIST (2020).
- Best AI Dissertation Award, AI*IA, (2018)
- Most Visionary Workshop Paper Award, At AAMAS 2017.
- Best Student Paper Award, At CMSB 2013.
Please see https://web.ecs.syr.edu/~ffiorett/publications.html for an updated list of my publications.